College Central Network
Wade College uses an exclusive career site and job board powered College Central Network® (CCN). This robust online platform provides our students and alumni with employment opportunities and career development resources that is also easy-to-use and mobile-friendly. On CCN, you can:
- Search and apply to jobs and internships targeted specifically to Wade College Students & Alumni
- Use easy built-in tools to create your resume and shareable portfolio for employers
- Browse free career advice resource library of 100+ podcasts, videos, and articles
- View upcoming events and programs
- Schedule a career coaching appointment with Wade College Career Services, and more!
Job opportunities include general and field-related, permanent, full-time, part-time, temporary, freelance, volunteer, and internships.
Take your job search on the go! Add the College Central® app to your tablet or smartphone home screen.
Wade College's proximity to the Dallas World Trade Center provides students with exposure to businesses and activities at one of the world's largest wholesale marketplaces. Many showrooms and vendors offer qualified students and alumni opportunities to work during scheduled tradeshows & markets, and throughout the year. View College Central Network for current Market opportunities.
Job Search Support
Career Services provides resources to assist Wade students with their job search and career development:
- One-on-one Career Advising
- Career Planning
- Resume / Cover Letter Writing and Review
- Job search Strategies
- Mock Interviews
- Job Search Platforms
- College Central Network - Exclusive online job board for Wade College students and alumni. Find and apply to open jobs and internships in your field of study, as well as general employment.
- Parker Dewey - Features micro-internships: short-term, paid, professional assignments
- Indeed and ZipRecruiter - features millions of job listings from thousands of different websites
- LinkedIn Jobs - Open jobs and internships
- StyleCareers - Fashion-only listings
- Creatively - Designed by creatives and for creatives
- Digital Presence
- Professional Organizations (includes job banks)
Wade students are encouraged to gain meaningful work experience while pursuing their studies. Whether through academically-eligible field experience or part-time industry work, Wade students utilize various forms of field experience to build their career paths, often opening the doors to permanent positions upon graduation.
In partnership with Career Services, associate and baccalaureate students may use an internship opportunity for field experience course credits. Students must secure their field experience internship by Week 1 of the school term that this course will occur.
SUCC 1379 Field Experience I (3) and SUCC 2377 Field Experience II (3). A three-credit hour internship course for associate-level students focusing on an applied-learning experience related to their field of study or career goal. Students will gain hands-on experience and a deeper understanding of their career interests. Prerequisite: A total of 100 hours at the worksite and 15 hours of on-campus instruction is required. Enrollment in this course requires approval from the Director of Career Services and Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, and participation in a mandatory preparation process prior to the class / work experience. Prerequisite: SUCC 0075 Career and Life Planning, and sophomore or junior in good academic standing and with a minimum GPA of 2.5 (overall).
One-On-One Career Advising
One-on-one career advising allows students and alumni to receive focused attention to address individual needs and answer questions concerning career development such as job search strategies, resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, and career exploration. Students and alumni are encouraged to schedule an appointment.
One of the benefits of Wade College’s proximity to the Dallas World Trade Center is the exposure students have to businesses and activities of one of the world's largest wholesale marketplaces. Many showrooms and vendors offer qualified students and alumni opportunities to work not only during scheduled Markets, but also throughout the year. Market jobs are frequently posted on the College Central Network.
Information Sessions and Recruiting Events
Wade College students can meet and network with field-related employers face-to-face at information sessions. This is a chance for students to receive information about job or internship opportunities, ask questions about the organization, and get to know the culture of the company. Employers may also review resumes and portfolios, and interview students. Students may visit the College Central Network for announcements about upcoming events.
Workshops are offered to expand students' learning of career development topics such as resume writing, interviewing, professional etiquette, networking, and portfolio development.
Professional Portfolio Critiques
Graduating students from the associate and bachelor degree programs are provided the opportunity to create a professional portfolio, the final product showcasing the work they have completed while a student at Wade College. This marketing tool allows students to prepare for real-world presentations and employment.
Wade College's Alumni Association includes thousands of graduates who have taken the necessary steps to complete a degree program at Wade College and move forward into successful careers. All Wade College graduates automatically become members upon graduation. Alumni can receive announcements about on- and off-campus industry events and networking opportunities, participate as guest speakers and on alumni panels, coordinate mixers with fellow alumni, and share their alumni stories. Career Services offers job search resources and support to alumni including continuous access to College Central Network® (CCN). Alumni can stay connected by joining the Wade College Alumni Association group on LinkedIn.
Want to share your alumni success story? Contact the Office of Career Services!
Career Services offers career development support and resources to alumni including continuous access to College Central Network® (CCN) our online platform of employment opportunities, career development resources, and networking.
On CCN, you can:
- View and apply to jobs targeted specifically to Wade College Alumni
- Use easy built-in tools to create/update your resume and shareable portfolio for employers
- Browse our free career advice resources library of 100+ podcasts, videos, articles, and documents
- Become a Mentor and share your experience with others
- View our career-related announcements of upcoming events and programs
- Book a virtual appointment with Wade College Career Services for career coaching, resume reviews, mock interviews, networking, and more
Industry & Employers
At Wade College, we offer various opportunities for employers to raise brand awareness, and connect with potential student and alumni candidates.
College Central Network (CCN) Online Board
Post. Search. Hire. Our pool of candidates includes students and graduates seeking employment opportunities including permanent, full-time, part-time, temporary, freelance, and internships.
Visit College Central Network® (CCN) to post jobs and search resumes here. On CCN, you can:
- Sign up for a free employer account and post jobs immediately to our school
- Post, update, and manage your jobs exclusively at our job board
- Search Wade College's exclusive resumes for qualified job candidates
- Join recruiters nationwide who found their ideal candidates here
- Connect with us when you're ready to find the perfect job seeker
Access College Central Network® (CCN) and post your opportunities for free.
Professional Portfolio Critiques
Employers and industry professionals are invited to review portfolios of graduating students to better prepare them for real-world presentations and employment.
- Promote your company, brand, and opportunities on-campus or virtually
- Share knowledge of current industry practices and standards
- Offer industry insight on topics including networking, business etiquette, professionalism, public speaking, and more
View Student Portfolios