Transfer of Credit Evaluation and Procedures
Transfer of credit from another institution to Wade College involves consideration of accreditation, comparability of course work, and applicability of that course work to Wade College's curriculum.
The Office of the Vice-President of Academic and Student Affairs reviews each course taken at other colleges or universities to make a determination whether that course is transferable. The course is evaluated for transfer credit by comparing the nature, content, and level of transfer credit and appropriateness and applicability of the credit earned to the course at Wade College. The holding of a degree from another institution has no effect on the transfer credit accepted by Wade College.
The Office of the Vice-President of Academic and Student Affairs may request additional information to complete transfer credit evaluations. Additional documentation may include, but is not limited to: course syllabi, course outlines, portfolio work, and/or course descriptions. In any instance in which Office of the Vice-President of Academic and Student Affairs cannot make a direct determination based on the above documentation, appropriate Division Directors are enlisted to make necessary judgments regarding transfer credit.
It is the student's responsibility to review and follow the policies and information below regarding transfer of credit to Wade College. If the student fails to abide by these policies, he/she risks losing the credit when an audit of the degree plan occurs.
Students matriculating into an associate degree program may transfer up to 50% (10 courses or 30 credit hours) of total degree program credit requirements. Students accepted into a post-associate baccalaureate degree program may transfer up to an additional 50% (10 courses or 30 credit hours) of total degree program credit requirements. Students matriculating into a direct-entry baccalaureate degree program may transfer up to 50% (20 courses or 60 credit hours) of total degree program credit requirements.
General Transfer Credit Procedures and Information
For students considering admitting previous college coursework to be considered for transfer credit at Wade College, the following procedures and information apply:
- Students must request a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form from Office of the Vice-President of Academic and Student Affairs before matriculation at Wade College.
- Students must complete the form and submit it to the Office of the Vice-President of Academic and Student Affairs.
- Students must submit official copies of all transcripts which they wish to be evaluated for transfer credit; however, students receiving VA educational benefits do not have the "option" of having prior credit reviewed. All previous education and training must be provided to the college for review, including all credits from postsecondary institutions and military credits. Official copies of transcripts are copies that are mailed directly from another institution to Wade College. Wade College does not accept unofficial copies, faxed copies, or copies delivered or mailed by the student.
- Transfer credit may be awarded for courses taken while enrolled as a student at Wade College (concurrent enrollment) at other higher education institutions accredited by an organization recognized by either the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or the United States Department of Education. A Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form must be requested from the Office of the Vice-President of Academic and Student Affairs and completed to obtain approval before enrolling in the concurrent course.
- Any official transcripts from coursework completed during concurrent registration at Wade College and another institution must be received by the Office of the Vice-President of Academic and Student Affairs 2 weeks prior to the student’s graduation date.
- Official Transcripts should be mailed to:
Office of the Vice-President of Academic and Student Affairs
1950 N Stemmons Freeway, Suite 4080
Dallas, Texas 75207
- An unofficial copy may be used for pre-determination of potential applicability of transfer credit. Pre-determination, however, is not a definitive guarantee as to the transferability of credit
- International transcripts must be in English or be accompanied by an official English translation. International transcripts must be translated by a NACES (www.naces.org) certified foreign educational credential evaluation service into a format utilizing the 4.0 grade standard.
- Transfer credit is only granted for courses in which a grade of "C" or better was earned.
- Only courses taken at higher education institutions accredited by an organization recognized by either the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or the United States Department of Education will be considered for transfer credit.
- Wade College does not accept vocational courses, developmental or remedial courses, English as a Second Language (ESL) courses, College Preparatory courses, or experiential learning courses for transfer credit. Courses taken on a noncredit basis will not be accepted for transfer credit.
- Pass/fail and/or satisfactory/unsatisfactory courses will not be considered for transfer credit.
- Credit is only awarded for courses with an equivalent in the curriculum at Wade College. Content in individual courses must be comparable to the content of the Wade College course. Students may be required to submit additional documentation for a complete determination of transferability. Additional documentation may include, but is not limited to: course syllabi, course outlines, or course descriptions.
- Grades earned at other institutions are not averaged with grades earned at Wade College to determine the student's Wade College grade point average.
- The submission of documents in support of application for transfer credit, such as transcripts, syllabi, course outlines, or course descriptions should be original, unaltered documents. If the documents submitted are found to be forged, fraudulent, altered from the original, obtained under false pretenses, or otherwise deceptive (collectively referred to as fraudulent documents), Wade College may bar further admissions actions for students who have not yet matriculated, or may suspend or expel students who have matriculated.
- All transfer credit shall receive a notation of "CR" or "T" on the Wade College transcript.
- Students should not repeat transfer courses unless advised by the Office of the Vice-President of Academic and Student Affairs to do so.
- All materials submitted during the process of application for transfer credit become the property of Wade College and will not be returned to the applicant.
Texas Common Course Numbering System
The Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS) was developed to facilitate the transfer of general academic courses between Texas institutions. Common courses are listed on the TCCNS website (www.tccns.org). For further information on how this may affect transfer credit eligibility, contact the Office of the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs at Wade College.
Advanced Placement (AP) Credit Eligibility
Over the past two decades, national and international participation in The College Board's Advanced Placement (AP) Program has steadily grown. Wade College endorses the program and accepts AP grades as credit for comparable courses.
The following procedures and policies apply to the submission of Advanced Placement (AP) courses for consideration as transfer credit:
- Upon registering for the national AP exams, the student should have a copy of his or her scores sent to Wade College.
- If the student has already taken the exams, he or she should contact The College Board to have a copy of his or her scores sent to Wade College.
- Grades of 3, 4, or 5 on the AP exams are eligible for receipt of transfer credit in comparable Wade College courses.
- Wade College will not recognize AP exam results if the exam is taken after a student's matriculation at Wade College.
- All transfer credit policies outlined in this document are applicable to credits submitted and received through AP exams.
Other Equivalency Exams
Wade College does not recognize other exams (CLEP, locally administered placement tests, etc.) in the evaluation of credits for transfer.