Wade College policy regarding drug and alcohol use is found in the Wade College Catalog and follows:
ALCOHOL AND DRUG USE/ABUSE STATEMENT
Federal, state, and local laws prohibit the use, possession, and distribution of illegal drugs. Public Law 101-226, Drug-Free Schools and Communications Act Amendment, requires institutions of higher education to distribute information about and to enforce policies concerning illicit drugs and illegal consumption of alcohol. These policies apply to actions on college property and participation in any college-sponsored activity. Wade College maintains the following policies regarding alcohol and drug use/abuse:
- Wade College does not accept or condone the use of illicit drugs in any form on college grounds, in the college-sponsored housing, or during college-sponsored events.
- Employees caught using illegal narcotics or under the influence of alcohol during working hours will be subject to disciplinary action up to, and including, termination of employment.
- Students who come to class under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol, or are caught in possession of illegal drugs on college grounds, in the college-sponsored housing, on college transportation, or during college-sponsored events will be subject to disciplinary action up to, and including, expulsion from the college. In the case of an expulsion, reinstatement of such an offender will occur only after the student has successfully completed a drug rehabilitation program.
- Individuals who are dismissed on the above grounds will be referred to criminal authorities for prosecution for violations of the standards of conduct listed above.
- Students who are convicted of violating federal, state, or local laws pertaining to illicit drugs and illegal alcohol use will be ineligible for federal financial aid.
- In the state of Texas, anyone under 21 years of age may not legally drink or purchase alcohol. Students under age 21 cannot possess or consume alcohol on college grounds, in the college-sponsored housing, or at any college event.
- Wade College does not allow alcoholic beverages to be consumed by students in the vicinity of the college grounds and/or college-sponsored housing.
- The college administration maintains the right to deny any college organization the privilege to serve alcoholic beverages at any event if it is deemed to be in the best interest of the college and students involved.