Applying for Assistance

Citizens and eligible non-citizens of the U.S. may apply for financial assistance by first completing their enrollment for a starting date at the college.  Students requesting financial assistance are encouraged to apply for admission and enroll for classes as early as possible. The Financial Services Department is available to assist and advise students applying for financial assistance.  A student should schedule some time to meet with the Financial Services Department for help applying for financial assistance, completing all necessary forms, and planning for educational costs.

For determination of federal student financial aid eligibility, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be filed.  The FAFSA is a standard form published and used by the federal government.  The FAFSA, a financial aid guide, and applicable college forms are made available to a student in the financial aid packet distributed by the Financial Services Department. Before starting the FAFSA form, the student should visit Student Aid on the Web for more information.

To complete the FAFSA, the student will need the FAFSA code for Wade College, which is 010130.  We encourage students to apply for federal student financial aid using FAFSA on the Web at  FAFSA on the Web is smarter and easier than ever, providing an intuitive Web experience for each applicant. Live interactive help is accessible as the applicant uses the site; applicants can also get assistance by calling the U.S. Department of Education’s toll-free number, 1-800-4-FED-AID (1.800.433.3243) or downloading the Completing the FAFSA publication.

The applicable FAFSA may also be downloaded by the student and/or parent at and mailed to Wade College after completion.

The student and parent, if he or she contributed information to the form, will need to create an FSA ID to electronically sign the FAFSA.  Instructions for creating FSA ID are found at  Applying for an FSA ID may be done while completing the FAFSA form via the Internet, but it may be helpful to apply for an FSA ID prior so it is available at the time the FAFSA form is completed.  If a student and parent, if applicable, need assistance, they should contact the Financial Services Department.

Once the FAFSA is processed with the federal processing agency, the agency sends each applicant a multi-page Student Aid Report (SAR), and the college receives an electronic Institutional Student Information Report (ISIR) if the student indicated Wade College as a college choice on the FAFSA.  The student should contact the Financial Services Department to make certain that the college received his or her ISIR.

Back to top